Vendor Search and Plan Fee Benchmarking
With us as your partner, you can choose from a virtually unlimited universe of providers—free from proprietary vendor or product pressures. We will help you select the provider that most appropriately fits the specific needs of your firm and your participants.
Managing vendor due diligence
Our customized Request for Proposal (RFP) process includes:
- Gathering data and pricing
- Analyzing costs, services, and investment choices
- Facilitating finalist meetings
Once your plan is in place, you can expect:
- Monitoring of participation levels and performance
- Fee benchmarking and analysis against other vendors and plans
- Guidance on areas of improvement
As your experienced partner, we will help you establish an investment strategy that fits the distinct needs of your firm and your employees. Our investment process includes:
- Investment Policy Statement
- Investment Selection
- Continuous Monitoring
Our status as independent retirement plan consultants enables us to provide your plan participants with what they value most—investment guidance to help them feel confident about the decisions they are making to pursue their retirement goals.
We will work with your participants to:
- Explain the importance of retirement planning and the options available under the plan
- Determine their unique investment objectives, tolerance for risk, and time horizon
- Recommend an asset allocation model suited to their personal needs or goals, based on the investment alternatives available under your plan
Custom communication programs
We offer a specialized approach to communication and can:
- Tailor a communication program that addresses your specific needs
- Deliver presentations on broader financial planning topics
- Conduct educational meetings in either group or individual settings
We take the time to understand your objectives and design a retirement plan program that provides your employees with the greatest value and, to the extent possible, reduces your administrative responsibilities.
Specific areas we focus on include:
- Employer contribution strategies
- Evaluation of qualification and eligibility issues
- Compliance with legislative changes
- Support services to help simplify plan administration
- Optimal use of safe harbors, such as 404(c) and QDIA
401(k) Plans – Traditional, Integrated, Age Weighted, Age Neutral, Cross Tested and New Comparability Profit Sharing Plans – Money Purchase Plans – Target Benefit Plans – Defined Benefit Plans – Cash Balance Plans
Why We’re Different
Fred Burgess has earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation. You can feel confident that his approach is based on:
- A thorough understanding of legislative issues
- Best practices and the fiduciary role
- A commitment to standards of investment fiduciary excellence
The AIF® designation signifies a comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply and adhere to fiduciary practices. It is widely acknowledged as the leading designation for investment fiduciaries for both individuals and retirement plans.
Independent and Impartial
Our independent status means that we are not tied to any particular vendor or product, giving you access to a virtually limitless array of plan choices. With our fully transparent fee structure, you can rest easy in the knowledge that the advice we offer is objective and aligned with the best interests of your firm and your plan participants.
All of this means that you can feel confident knowing that you have a partner whose primary focus is on helping ensure that your plan delivers the investment options, services, and overall value participants expect—leaving you free to concentrate on managing your business.